Here’s a glance at the specifications: -
4461cc, V8, 32-valve, DOHC, Diesel Engine (turbo-assisted).
Power output (max):
210kW/3600rpm (equivalent to 282bhp/3600rpm)
650Nm/1600-2800rpm (equivalent to 66.2kgm/1600rpm)
6-speed automatic with sequential shift, assisted by a full-time 4WD.
Other specifications include a kerb weight of 2720 kg, a ground clearance of 225mm, a minimum turning radius of 5.9 meters and a fuel tank capacity of 93 liters. Ventilated discs on all the four wheels assist the braking.
Talking about the suspension, the Land Cruiser has double wishbone in the front and four-link suspension along with coil spring at the rear. In addition to that, Toyota has given the Land Cruiser an advanced Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), which helps maintain the vehicle’s stability in all kinds of driving conditions; for example, in simple on-road driving condition the KDSS limits the tilt at the corners, while in off-road conditions it helps the car maintain a steady level by moving wheels independently in each axle.
Lets move the focus to the features available in the Land Cruiser. The optitron meters and a multi info display ensure clarity and acts as a convenient interface to the user. 4-zone auto-air conditioning along with 28 air outlets and rear A/C vents ensures optimum comfort to its occupants. EMV screen, 6 DVD player and a 14 speaker JBL system takes care of quality entertainment inside the vehicle. A keyless entry, personalized memory settings, cruise control, 8.6L cool box, heated front seats and automatic rain sensing wipers make the Land Cruiser a very convenient and user-friendly vehicle to use.
Last but not the least, we throw light on the safety features the Land Cruiser comes equipped with: -
- In addition to two-stage airbags for the front occupants, there are 10 SRS airbags, which includes knee airbags, side airbags and curtain airbags. Definitely, Toyota has taken that extra step in ensuring safety for the occupants of Land Cruiser.
- The enhanced braking is taken care by all-terrain ABS and EBD.
- The Crawl Control helps the vehicle maintain stability and control on muddy or rocky surfaces. This system draws a balance between the engine power and brakes and minimizes wheel lock and spin of the wheel.
- HAC or hill-assist control is a feature, which minimizes rollback and helps in making hill climbing easy.
- VSC or vehicle stability control is a feature which helps maintain control of the vehicle while turning or cornering especially on slippery surfaces, again by balancing power output from the engine and the braking.
- Clearance and back sonar help in detecting hazards while reversing and alerts the driver about the same.
With so much being enrolled in one single SUV which takes care of every feature thinkable of, there’s no denying of the fact that yes indeed, its one of the best available SUV’s which combines awesome off road capability with comfort and convenience features ready to spoil you to a great extent.
If you want to explore the roughest of the terrains in utmost comfort, then this is what will suitably serve your purpose.
No doubt, it is called THE PRIDE OF THE WORLD.
Happy and safe motoring.
All details about the new Toyota Land Cruiser
2010 Toyota Land Cruiser features
2010 Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota in India